Recipe by shawnamarie
This is a great recipe when you are in a hurry! It is fast and easy. I prepare the cubed ham when I do OAMC cooking, which makes this a super quick weeknight meal. My entire family loves it! You can adjust the mustard to taste.
Top Review by EmilieLearnstoCook
My husband and I think that the overall flavor of the casserole was good. But the consistancy was too mushy due to the egg noodles. Next time I will try using a different kind of pasta, and only boil it until it's 2/3 of the way done before microwaving. I would also add a little more cheese.
- 1⁄2 lb egg noodles
- 1 cup ham, cubed
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cream of chicken soup (I use Campbell's Healthy Request)
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup frozen peas
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook egg noodles in boiling water with 1 tsp salt. Drain.
- While the noodles are cooking, microwave peas 5 minutes; drain any accumulated water and set aside.
- Combine ham, cheese, soup, milk and mustard in a 3-qt casserole while the peas are cooking.
- Add noodles and peas; stir to blend. Microwave on high 6-8 minutes, stirring once.
- Serve immediately.