5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. I have a large family, (12 of us) and I buy the large bags of tortilla chips from a grocery warehouse. We always had a fourth of a bag left because by then they would be all crushed and the kids wouldn't eat them. One day my husband gave me a challenge to try to come up with some way to use the crushed chips, at the same time one of my grandsons decided he was going vegetarian. So I took it on as a double challenge and also decided I could only use what I had on hand. This is how the recipe was born. Ingredients can be adjusted to fit whatever size casserole dish you might want to use. Serve with a dollop of sour cream and a side of mexican rice (optional) I make it in a large alluminum tray (20 3/4"L x 12 13/16"W x 3 3/8"D) the qty of the ingredients are for this pan but can be adjusted for any size casserole pan.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pour a third of one can enchilada sauce on the bottom of the pan, or just enough to coat the bottom.
- 2Spread 4 cups of tortilla chips in an even layer on top of the sauce.
- 3Spread 1 bag Simply Potatoes diced potatoes with onions over the chips.
- 4Pour remaining open can of enchilada sauce over the potatoes.
- 5Sprinkle 2 cups of shredded cheese and 1 cup cotija or parmesean over the sauce. Repeat layers again starting with the chips, then potatoes, 1 can sauce, then cheeses.
- 6Last layer is chips the last can of sauce and the rest of the cheeses.
- 7Bake in a 350 degree oven for approximately 30 mins, or until sauce and cheese is bubbly and the cheese is slightly browned. Let rest 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick and Easy Green Chili-Potato Enchilada Casserole #5FIX
Serving Size: 1 (313 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 561.4
- Calories from Fat 307
- Total Fat 34.1 g
- Saturated Fat 17.2 g
- Cholesterol 94.6 mg
- Sodium 2488.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 17.7 g
- Protein 25.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion