Recipe by beauty_queen_999
A burger recipe that never fails and always tastes great. Quick and simple to prepare but looks (and taste's) like it's been cooked by a gourmet chef! A combination of two different recipes from Bill Granger and Women's Weekly.
- 1 slice stale bread (torn into chunks)
- 250 g ground chicken
- 2 green onions (shallots, finely chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup coriander (chopped)
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 200 g green capsicum (sliced thinly)
- 150 g tomatoes (quartered, sliced thinly)
- 100 g celery (trimmed, sliced thinly)
- 2 green onions (Shallots, sliced thinly)
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon coarse grain mustard
- 430 g Turkish bread (1 Loaf)
- 4 butter lettuce leaves
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
Directions See How It's Made
- Place bread in a small bowl and cover with water. Set aside to soak for 5 minutes, then drain and squeeze dry. Place in a large bowl with chicken mince, chopped green onion, half of coriander and egg. Mix thoroughly and season. Using wet hands, shape into 4 patties, or flatened balls.
- Lightly spray a griddle or sandwich press with olive oil and cook patties until browned and cooked through. Set aside.
- Combine capsicum, tomato, celery, onion, parsley, vinegar, mustard and salt to taste in a medium bowl.
- Cut the bread into four pieces crossways; split the bread pieces in half. Toast, cut side up, under a preheated grill.
- Layer four toasted bread pieces with lettuce, capsicum mixture, patties and mayonnaise. Top with the remaining bread slices. Garnish with remaining corriander.