Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
An extremely easy pasta salad from Kraft Foods. You can substitute or add any other ingredients you like. I sometimes add cubed mozzarella, Parmesan and fresh chicken. I'm making it today with cheese tortellini. This is my potluck "staple" in the summertime. Time does not include chill time.
- 3 cups rotini pasta (8 oz.) or 3 cups pasta, of your choice cooked and drained (8 oz.)
- 2 cups broccoli florets, lightly blanched
- 1 1⁄2 cups three cheese ranch dressing or 1 1⁄2 cups regular ranch dressing
- 1 (6 ounce) package cooked chicken breasts, cuts or chopped red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup slivered onion
- Toss all ingredients and refrigerate.
- Can be made up to 2 days ahead.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
- Can be easily doubled.
Easy to make and, boy, is it tasty! I made this for the MEP cookathon almost as written. Didn't bother blanching the broccoli since we like it crunchy raw. For the color, I threw in a hand full of grape tomatoes because the red pepper I bought was moldy inside. !!! I'll be making more of MEP's recipes soon.
Loved this! I made it exactly as written other than using two grilled chicken breasts in place of the pre-cooked bagged strips. My DH says this is a keeper. I followed MEP'S posts on Zaar for years and will miss her.
I made this a few days ago for the MEP cookathon. It was so good, though I am going to use fresh broccoli next time. I used frozen, because that is all I had, and I had a craving for this delicious salad. It turned out wonderful, even with the frozen broccoli. Thank you, MEP. You will be missed! I made this again, but I used fresh broccoli and regular pasta. It came out and tasted sooooo much better. I am adding two new photos. Thank you, MEP, for your great recipes and being you! ;)