Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I heard this recipe on a local radio station. I thought it sounded too easy to be very good, but I was very wrong.
- Pour pie filling into a 9" square greased pan.
- Mix Bisquick, egg, and sugar.
- Spread over pie filling.
- Spoon melted butter over the dough.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until brown.
- You can top with whipped cream or ice cream if desired.
The topping was too sticky to "spread" over the fruit, so I dropped it by spoonfuls and then poured over the melted butter. The end result was wonderful! Crunchy, golden brown crust that puffed up while baking and came out beautifully. My total bake time was 35 minutes. I also used Smart Balance in place of the butter, Wildnerness Lite Cherry Pie Filling, and Bisquick Heart Smart to lower fat/calories. I will make this often, but will probably stir some of the melted butter into the topping to make it easier for me to spread. Thank you for a wonderful dessert!