Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
The figs add sweetness and texture; the strawberries add distinctive taste and refreshing tang.
- 1 lb ripe fig, peeled if desired and cut up (about 2 cups)
- 1 pint strawberry, stemmed and cut up
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup crisp fruity white wine (such as Pinot Gris or Riesling)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the figs, strawberries, sugar, wine, and ½ cup water in a food processor; process until pureed.
- Transfer mixture to a shallow 13x9 inch baking dish; freeze, stirring every hour, until mixture is firm (about 3-4 hours).
- Break the frozen mixture into chunks and place them in the bowl of a food processor; process, stopping the machine frequently to stir the mixture, until smooth.
- Transfer the sorbet to a plastic storage container; seal tightly, and freeze until ready to serve.