I know this may be sacrilege to some....but sometimes you just need a French Dip and don't have a lot of time. This is where quick and easy supermarkets ingredients come into play....and allows for a French Dip as good as any you'll get in a restaurant. The key to this sandwich is buying sliced rare roast beef, and Johnny's Au Jus Concentrate. This is some amazing stuff. It's found in the condiment section of the grocery store, near the marinades. I'm all for slaving away in the kitchen, but sometimes, it's just not practical. Enjoy!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat au jus over medium heat to a boil. 2 parts water to one part Johnny's Au Jus Concentrate.
- 2After au jus comes to a boil, lower heat to simmer and add sliced onions and mushrooms. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- 3After 30 minutes, add roast beef. Simmer for 15 more minutes. This is why you want to start with rare roast beef. Beef will cook slowly, absorbing all the flavors of the au jus.
- 4Whle meat is simmering, broil buttered sub rolls until brown and toasted.
- 5Remove all components from au jus.
- 6Dip face of toasted rolls in au jus, then add meat, onions and mushrooms.
- 7Serve with au jus on the side, or however you like your French Dip!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick and Easy French Dip Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 490.4
- Calories from Fat 211
- Total Fat 23.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 111.0 mg
- Sodium 455.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 36.8 g