Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I know this may be sacrilege to some....but sometimes you just need a French Dip and don't have a lot of time. This is where quick and easy supermarkets ingredients come into play....and allows for a French Dip as good as any you'll get in a restaurant. The key to this sandwich is buying sliced rare roast beef, and Johnny's Au Jus Concentrate. This is some amazing stuff. It's found in the condiment section of the grocery store, near the marinades. I'm all for slaving away in the kitchen, but sometimes, it's just not practical. Enjoy!!!
- 1 lb sliced dietz & watson london broil roast beef (or any rare deli sliced roast beef)
- johnny's au jus sauce (2 parts water to 1 part concentrate)
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 rolls, submarine
- Heat au jus over medium heat to a boil. 2 parts water to one part Johnny's Au Jus Concentrate.
- After au jus comes to a boil, lower heat to simmer and add sliced onions and mushrooms. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, add roast beef. Simmer for 15 more minutes. This is why you want to start with rare roast beef. Beef will cook slowly, absorbing all the flavors of the au jus.
- Whle meat is simmering, broil buttered sub rolls until brown and toasted.
- Remove all components from au jus.
- Dip face of toasted rolls in au jus, then add meat, onions and mushrooms.
- Serve with au jus on the side, or however you like your French Dip!