Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got the original recipe from Rachael Ray but then modified to our tastes. My family really enjoys these.
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans beef consomme
- 1 1⁄2 lbs deli sliced roast beef
- montreal steak seasoning, to taste
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 4 sub rolls
- Pour consommé and bring to a bubble. Add flour, stirring frequently and allow to simmer.
- Season meat with grill seasoning and place in consommé.
- Cook until meat is warm.
- Split rolls and add two pieces of Provolone to each roll.
- Add meat to rolls.
- Put au jus sauce on side for dipping.
Tagged Beverage Tag Jan 2007 YUMMY! I followed exactly as written and could not be more pleased. I did use Recipe #839028 for my Montreal Steak seasoning. Ate in on Italian sub rolls and served with your Microwave Parmesan Potatoes, Microwave Parmesean Potatoes. DH and I really enjoyed this dinner. I loved how simple it was!
I love a french dip sandwich, and this is a great way to get a quick fix! It was so fast and easy and very tasty. I'll definitely make this one again, but tweak just a little. Next time I'll stick the sub rolls w/ cheese in the toaster oven to warm/crisp the rolls and melt the cheese before I add the meat. Also, some sauted maui or vidalia onions (or maybe boiled in the consomme) would make a great addition. But this is definitely a winner! Thanks Bonnette!
These are great. I made these for lunch today and they were a big hit. Such an easy and delicious way to make something special out of deli roast beef! Thanks for sharing!