Recipe by Dusty&Sarah
From VegWeb : I am in Looove with this recipe, it is so easy, yummy and the sauce can be used for a multitude of other recipes.
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
Very simple and good. I confess, I didn't have soy milk so used regular, I only had frozen peas and corn, so I used those, and chopped in a fresh tomato and some basil leaves, to add more colour. I also added a pinch of dried garlic/parsley/chilli mix, and didn't use any extra salt (although DH did add some to his plate). This was as described, quick and easy, a good weeknight standby. Thank you, Dusty and Sarah, this recipe was made for PAC Fall 2012
- 16 ounces fettuccine
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 2 cups soymilk
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Mince garlic. Add oil and garlic to sauce pan and cook on low heat until garlic is fairly soft.
- Add soy milk to pan and quickly mix in corn starch before soy milk heats up (it will be difficult/impossible to mix in once it does). Season to taste.I usually add about 1/2 teaspoon salt, 3 pinches of fresh black pepper, and sometimes a few shakes of Mrs. Dash or vegetarian low sodium poultry seasoning. Stir constantly until thickened to desired consistency.
- Add veggies and serve on top of cooked pasta.