Recipe by Engrossed
I found this on a fresh oregano package. Says to serve it with your favorite crackers, crusty bread or pita toasts. I think it would be great with fresh veggies as well.
Top Review by appleydapply
I couldn't believe how tasty this was, considering how easy it was! This is a great appetizer with ingredients that I almost always have on hand. The hot feta was divine on pita chips. Next time I'll try the roasted red peppers that another reviewer mentioned.
- 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, finely chopped
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler.
- Spread feta evenly in a 9x6x1 shallow baking dish.
- Arrange tomatoes across the top of the feta.
- Drizzle olive oil over tomatoes.
- Sprinkle oregano and black pepper over the top.
- Broil mixture 2-3 inches from heat until cheese is bubbling, about 5-8 minutes.