Recipe by Brightspot
I love this because it's chock full of vegetables that my kids will eat, it's inexpensive, it's easy to cook, and it's low in calories. A winner all the way around! :o)
- 1 frozen pie crust
- 1 refrigerated pie dough
- 1 (10 ounce) can chicken
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can fat-free cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 ounce) bag frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat your oven to 400.
- Drain the canned chicken into the sink, and pour it into a bowl.
- Gently break large chunks of chicken up into smaller pieces.
- Add the cream of chicken soup, water, and frozen vegetables to the chicken in the bowl.
- Stir well until completely mixed.
- Pour the mixture into the frozen pie crust.
- Top with the refrigerated pie crust, sealing the two crusts together around the edges.
- Cut a ventilation slit in the top crust. (I get creative and cut a small heart out instead. :o).
- Bake in the 400 degree oven for one hour, or until the crust looks light golden brown throughout and well cooked.