Recipe by startnover
This is such a simple recipe w/ just a few ingredients I almost always have on hand. It's a quick dinner w/ a green salad. You can double this easily for make ahead lunches.
Top Review by Sirpezy
I've made these as written & last night made them vegetarian w/ refried beans, garlic, salsa & cheese. Next I am going to make them for breakfast w/ sausage, cheese, potatoes & eggs. They freeze great! Thank you for a yummy recipe & wonderful idea w/ endless filling possibilities!!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 ounce) canfresh cut corn, drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 8 ounces grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 (16 ounce) cans large refrigerated biscuits (I use buttermilk, and you may only use 1 and 1/2 cans depending on how full you make them)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the ground beef in a frying pan adding the salt and pepper just before done.
- Let the beef cool.
- In a large bowl mix the corn, onions, cheese, and salsa, then add the cooled beef mixing carefully so not to break up all the cheese.
- Roll the biscuits out flat to about 2-1/2 times their size.
- Place approx 1/3 cup filling on one side of the center of the circle lengthwise.
- Fold the dough over the filling like a turn over and crimp the edges like a pie crust. Be careful not to tear the dough, and to seal the edges completely or your filling will come out! depending on how much filling is used will determine how many biscuits you will use.
- Place on slightly greased cookie sheet and bake at 375 till lightly browned.