Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is such a simple recipe w/ just a few ingredients I almost always have on hand. It's a quick dinner w/ a green salad. You can double this easily for make ahead lunches.
- Brown the ground beef in a frying pan adding the salt and pepper just before done.
- Let the beef cool.
- In a large bowl mix the corn, onions, cheese, and salsa, then add the cooled beef mixing carefully so not to break up all the cheese.
- Roll the biscuits out flat to about 2-1/2 times their size.
- Place approx 1/3 cup filling on one side of the center of the circle lengthwise.
- Fold the dough over the filling like a turn over and crimp the edges like a pie crust. Be careful not to tear the dough, and to seal the edges completely or your filling will come out! depending on how much filling is used will determine how many biscuits you will use.
- Place on slightly greased cookie sheet and bake at 375 till lightly browned.
I've made these as written & last night made them vegetarian w/ refried beans, garlic, salsa & cheese. Next I am going to make them for breakfast w/ sausage, cheese, potatoes & eggs. They freeze great! Thank you for a yummy recipe & wonderful idea w/ endless filling possibilities!!
We thought these were very good. Very easy. Instead of the biscuits, I used a box of refrigerator pie dough and put some filling in a quadrant. Put the other dough over the top and used a pizza cutter to cut into 4 large pieces, then crimped the edges. They come out great. Had lots of filling left so will use again or will make Nachos or something. I would definitely make these again.
My 8yr old daughter and I made this recipe for her class during their study of Mexico. We found the mixture very easy to put together and tasty too. Instead of using the biscuits we found out that our grocery store makes empanada dough already cut out and flattened into shape ready to take the filling. This must have made all the difference because our dough came together very easy. The overall review from the class full of 8 year olds was great! They loved it! Will definately add this to our family recipie box.