Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This eggless banana bread recipe uses milk/buttermilk as substitute. You can also use soy milk if you like. This egg free banana bread is very quick, fuss free yet nutritious, and makes a simple and wonderful snack for the family. It can be eaten plain or added with fruits, nuts, seeds and chocolate chips. Just add 1/2 cup of the nuts, etc to the mixture last, just before pouring the mixture into the loaf pan. Enjoy!
- 4 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk or 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 pinch salt
- 1. Preheat oven to 350ºF/180ºC.
- 2. In a mixing bowl, combine mashed bananas with butter.
- 3. Add in milk, vanilla, and mix.
- 4. Add in sugar, baking soda, salt, and mix.
- 5. Add flour last and mix until just combined.
- 6. Pour mixture into a greased and floured bread loaf pan.
- 7. Bake for 1 hour or until a wooden pick comes out clean.
- 8. Allow to cool before removing from pan.
This recipe didn't work for me. I followed it exactly and my bread wouldn't cook all the way through. :(
don't try this recipe. I didn't listen to the negative reviews, went ahead and baked it... disaster!
This absolutely didn't work for me either - the wet ingredients are way out of proportion with the dry ingredients, so it burned on the outside and stayed mush on the inside even after an extra half hour in the oven. I've made other eggless banana breads before and they weren't at all like this, so it makes me think something in the recipe must be REALLY off for it to turn out this badly (and I followed it perfectly). It might work better with extra flour, though!