Recipe by DorenaLong
This eggless banana bread recipe uses milk/buttermilk as substitute. You can also use soy milk if you like. This egg free banana bread is very quick, fuss free yet nutritious, and makes a simple and wonderful snack for the family. It can be eaten plain or added with fruits, nuts, seeds and chocolate chips. Just add 1/2 cup of the nuts, etc to the mixture last, just before pouring the mixture into the loaf pan. Enjoy!
- 4 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk or 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 pinch salt
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Preheat oven to 350ºF/180ºC.
- 2. In a mixing bowl, combine mashed bananas with butter.
- 3. Add in milk, vanilla, and mix.
- 4. Add in sugar, baking soda, salt, and mix.
- 5. Add flour last and mix until just combined.
- 6. Pour mixture into a greased and floured bread loaf pan.
- 7. Bake for 1 hour or until a wooden pick comes out clean.
- 8. Allow to cool before removing from pan.