Recipe by Mommy Diva
This one is a quick and easy work night dinner that my family requests frequently. You can change it up to use leftovers- but these are the common ingredients we use on a regular basis- adults and kids a like seem to enjoy it!! Could be a breakfast/brunch or dinner. ;) DH and I like to top it with salsa and sour cream, but the kiddos eat it plain! ****I couldn't find the seasoning I use in the list so I put it as a note on the side - it is Johnny's Salad Elegance and it is great on almost everything - garlic bread, eggs, sautéed veggies, dips, pastas, you name it!********
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut in 2 inch pieces
- 7 -8 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup walla walla onions or 3⁄4 cup vidalia onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked ham, cubed (like Farmland Cooked cubed ham)
- 2 teaspoons Salad Elegance seasoning mix (Johnny's Salad Elegance)
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 (8 ounce) bag sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter, I like Brummel and Brummel
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop upper half to 2/3 of stalks of asparagus into 2 inch pieces.
- Discard lower portion of stalk.
- Chop onion into desired size pieces.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a pan sauté ham and onions with butter salt and pepper for 2 minutes.
- Add asparagus and cook for another 3 minutes or until lightly cooked (should still be somewhat crunchy).
- Spray square glass baking pan with Pam (or other oil).
- Whisk eggs and pour into baking pan.
- Add sautéed ham and veggies.
- Sprinkle entire egg mixture with cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes and cut into large squares.
- Garnish with salsa and sour cream if desired.