- 1 (10 ounce) packagefresh Baby Spinach
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups red potatoes, unpeeled and diced
- 3⁄4 cup carrot, peeled and diagonally sliced
- 3⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 3 cups cooked turkey, chopped
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove stems from spinach; wash leaves thoroughly, pat dry. Set aside.
- In a large Dutch oven, melt butter or margarine over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring frequently, until tender. Add flour and curry powder, stirring until smooth. Cook 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Gradually add broth, stirring until blended.
- Add potato, carrots, celery, parsley, and sage; bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring frequently. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens slightly. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir in spinach, turkey, half and half, salt, and pepper; cover and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Adjust spices to taste before serving.