Prep 15 mins
Cook 16 hrs
This quick and easy recipe is a time saver. It is recommended that you serve as an open faced sandwich using whole wheat rolls and have buttered corn as the vegetable.
- 5 lbs pork roast
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce (any brand you wish)
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinaigrette (salad dressing, not the vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons pepper
- Trim any visible fat from the pork roast.
- In a large mixing bowl combine soy sauce, barbecue sauce, balsamic vinaigrette, olive oil, sea salt, and pepper.
- Place roast in crock pot, and cover with marinade. Cover and cook on low for 15 hours. Do not remove lid for any reason.
- Pull roast from crock pot and shred with two forks. Return to crock pot to reheat for 1 hour.