Recipe by Recipe Junkie
Here is a really easy burrito filling recipe. Let the roast cook all day, shred with two forks, then warm up the tortillas and grab the veggies, condiments, etc. Great for when you're busy during the day and company's coming.
Top Review by Briala
My husband made this. He replaced the can of chiles with two sliced jalapenos, and he forgot the taco seasoning and tomatoes, but it was delicious. We changed it enough I wasn't sure we should review it, but no one else has so I went ahead. Thank you.
- 1 chuck roast
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 (15 ounce) can Mexican-style diced tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) can mild chiles
- 1 small onion, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut fat off medium pot roast.
- Rub with taco seasoning.
- Place roast in crock pot, fat side up.
- Top with chiles and onion.
- Cook all day on low - 8-10 hours.
- Turn to high first or last few hours of cooking.
- In pot, shred meat with fork and mix into juice.