Recipe by jonesies
This soup is prepared and cooked in about 15 minutes. Great for a quick lunch or light supper. Taken from the "Great Tasting Money Saving" cookbook.
Top Review by GeekyChica
I made this today, and it's not spectacular... not terrible, either. It doesn't have much of an asparagus taste, and I think that's due to the use of the canned veggies. I think I'll try it again with leftover potatoes and fresh asparagus and see if it's any tastier. Thanks for the recipe, Geeky
- 1 (15 ounce) can asparagus spears, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can new potatoes, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (14 ounce) can fat free chicken broth
- 1 cup low-fat milk or 1 cup half-and-half
Directions See How It's Made
- Place asparagus, potatoes, thyme and garlic powder in food processor or blender (in batches if needed); process until smooth.
- Pour into medium saucepan, add broth.
- Bring to a boil.
- Stir in milk; heat through. (do not boil).
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, if desired.
- Serve hot or cold.
- Thin with additional milk or water, if desired.