Recipe by Cas Blakey
This dessert is a favorite in our family-- we use it for family reunion's, party's, and all our "get togethers". My mom taught me how to make it-- I'm not sure where she got it from though.
Top Review by GuitarPlayinDude
Excellent!! Definately a hit at our house! I was looking for an easy dessert to make, and this was both easy and tasty. The only thing I did different was to leave the cream cheese sitting out on the counter to get to room temperature instead of microwaving it. It worked great!
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese (Philadelphia or generic is fine)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice concentrate
- 1 -2 tablespoon cream of tartar
- 2 (9 inch) Oreo cookie pie crusts or 2 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker pie crust, if you prefer
- 2 (16 ounce) cans cherry pie filling (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set the 2- 8 oz packages of cream cheese in a microwave safe container and place in the microwave to soften.
- At 30-second intervals, check and stir the cream cheese until it is like a soft butter consistency, not melted.
- Combine cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, and lemon juice in a bowl and blend until smooth.
- While blending, gradually add cream of tartar to mixture until mixture is stiff.
- Pour mixture into the prepared Oreo cookie pie crusts.
- Pour the cherry pie filling over the mixture (1- 16oz can of pie filling per pie).
- These pies are ready to eat immediately after preparation; however, if desired, you can place the pies in the fridge over night to chill.
- This dessert is also pretty tasty when it's frozen.