Recipe by Chef mariajane
These biscuits come together in a flash and require no special equipment, and are very, very good also!!
Top Review by Lalaloula
What a wonderful recipe! The biscuits came together so quickly and easily and tasted great! They were fluffy and flaky on the inside with a nice crunchy outside. We loved them! :) The taste was yummy, too. I reduced the salt to 1/8 ts and used a vegan cream substitute, but they still came out wonderful! I had to add in a good tag more flour to make the dough workable, though.
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing a real keeper, Chef mariajane!
- 473.18 ml unbleached flour, plus extra
- unbleached flour, for the counter
- 9.85 ml granulated sugar
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml table salt
- 354.88 ml heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Adjust oven rack to upper-middle position and heat oven to 450°F Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in medium bowl. Stir in the cream with a wooden spoon until dough forms, about 30 seconds, Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured counter and gather into a ball. Knead the dough briefly until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Shape the dough into a 3/4 inch thick circle. Cut biscuits into rounds or wedges. Place rounds or wedges or parchment-lined baking sheet. (the baking sheet can be wrapped in plastic wrap and refrigerated for up to 2 hours). Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes, rotating baking sheet halfway through baking.
- FYI Unlike traditonal biscuits, cream biscuits benefit from relatively rough treatment. A biscuit that was kneaded for 30 seconds before baking rose higher than a biscuit that was gently handled.