Recipe by Karen in San Diego
I made Christmas Cranberry Salad for a party and had a half bag of cranberries left over. What to do??? I remembered this recipe that my boss gave me (never tried it...) and it called for the exact amount of cranberries I had. The recipe is so easy and looks and tastes great. Dieters - pass on this one!
Top Review by pattywalnuts
Very interesting pie. Kind of cakey yet like a pie too. I did grate the peel of an orange over the top of the berries, nut & sugar. I liked it, just a bit different. Thanks for sharing.
- 2 cups cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup shortening, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 and butter a 10" pie plate.
- Arrange the cranberries over the bottom and sprinkle the walnuts and 1/2 C of the sugar over them.
- In a bowl beat the eggs with the remaining 1 C sugar and add the flour, butter and shortening.
- Beat until smooth.
- Spoon over the cranberries.
- Bake for 1 hour or until top is golden brown.