Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I made Christmas Cranberry Salad for a party and had a half bag of cranberries left over. What to do??? I remembered this recipe that my boss gave me (never tried it...) and it called for the exact amount of cranberries I had. The recipe is so easy and looks and tastes great. Dieters - pass on this one!
- 2 cups cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup shortening, melted
- Preheat oven to 325 and butter a 10" pie plate.
- Arrange the cranberries over the bottom and sprinkle the walnuts and 1/2 C of the sugar over them.
- In a bowl beat the eggs with the remaining 1 C sugar and add the flour, butter and shortening.
- Beat until smooth.
- Spoon over the cranberries.
- Bake for 1 hour or until top is golden brown.
Very interesting pie. Kind of cakey yet like a pie too. I did grate the peel of an orange over the top of the berries, nut & sugar. I liked it, just a bit different. Thanks for sharing.
Yesterday I was scanning the current reviews on Zaar. I spotted a review for this recipe. I had about 15 minutes before I had to leave home to get my flu shot. I preheated the oven and mixed this up in about 5 minutes and it baked while I was gone. We had it for dinner warm about 2 hours after I started the recipe. Karen you have a winner with this one, it is sweet and tart at the same time. I think when I make it next time I might put a light glaze on top (at DH's request). It is an excellent recipe, Thanks!
Great recipe. I used an 8x8 glass baking dish which I had sprayed with cooking oil to prevent sticking. After removing from oven, let it rest 5 min. then flipped it over onto square plate. It looked very nice with the cranberry topping and tasted great!