5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. Want a quick and easy lunch or light dinner that's rich and delicious? Try this crab cake salad. The secret ingredient is the creamy Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes that binds the fresh crab cakes together and adds a luxurious texture and taste to the savory crab. Five ingredients, 15 minutes maximum to prepare and so delicious your friends and family will beg for the recipe!
- 1 (8 ounce) bag complete caesar salad in a bag
- 1⁄2 cup Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
- 1⁄2 lb crab claw meat
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- In a medium bowl, combine Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes, crab meat, Old Bay Seasoning, crushed croutons and one tablespoon prepared Caesar dressing from the kit. Mix well and form in to 8- 2 ½ patties, about 3 tablespoons each. Set aside.
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large nonstick skillet until shimmering and hot. Cook crab cakes for 2 to 3 minutes per side until golden brown and crispy. Turn cakes over gently using a thin spatula and cook on second side for another 2 to 3 minutes until golden brown, crispy and heated through.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, toss greens with remaining dressing. Divide greens evenly on to four luncheon or appetizer sized plates. Top dressed greens with two cooked hot crab cakes each and garnish salads evenly with cheese from salad kit. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
These are SO YUMMY, and pretty simple to make!
I'm all over this!! xo