Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Very savory. It's has a real southwestern flair.
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup corn kernel, fresh
- 3⁄4 cup shredded tex-mex cheese
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Preheat over to 400°F.
- Combine cornmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Stir in corn cheese and red pepper.
- Beat egg in small bowl.
- Add butter and buttermilk; stir into corn mixture just until combined.
- Pour into greased 8 inch square baking pan.
- Bake 25 to 30 min, or until light brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
I liked this OK. It's not as moist as I'm used to. I liked it better the 2nd day at room temperature. The corn gives it a nice crunch.