Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a quick and easy recipe! When I am short of time, I've found this to be a pretty good substitute for regular corn and crab chowder. Found this in "Starlight and Moonbeams" cookbook out of Hilton Head Island, SC.
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can corn, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed and softened
- 1 (6 ounce) can crabmeat, drained
- Saute green onions, garlic, and red pepper in butter in a large saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, until tender.
- Combine the soup and milk, stirring well. Add the soup mixture, corn and remaining ingredients to the saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring constantly, just until the cheese melts. Serve immediately.
To sum it up. My teen called this, "Heaven in a bow" It was so easy to make. Delicious!
This chowder is sooo good and easy to make that it should be illegal -- glad it's not though!: ) It is so filling and creamy and just plain delicious. Added a touch more red pepper and some cilantro to garnish the top. Adding this recipe to my Best of 2013 cookbook. Made for PRMR, September, 2013.
Thanks Breezermom for a great recipe it was delicious and super easy! On par with Bonefish Grills Corn chowder and lump crap soup. I substituted one 8.5 oz. can of creamed style corn and one 8.5 oz. can of whole corn (both undrained) instead of the can corn called for in the recipe, to add to the creaminess of the soup. I also added ½ of an onion diced and sautéed. Also added 6 oz. of krab legs in addition to 6 oz. of back fin crab meat. Topped each bowl with a few tablespoons of shredded cheddar cheese and a tablespoon of bacon bits and a few sliced green onions for garnish, actually the beacon bits added a lot of flavor and an additional layer of texture which we all enjoyed. Again thanks for a great recipe will add it to the repeat list, easily 5 stars!