Recipe by breezermom
This is a quick and easy recipe! When I am short of time, I've found this to be a pretty good substitute for regular corn and crab chowder. Found this in "Starlight and Moonbeams" cookbook out of Hilton Head Island, SC.
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can corn, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed and softened
- 1 (6 ounce) can crabmeat, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute green onions, garlic, and red pepper in butter in a large saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, until tender.
- Combine the soup and milk, stirring well. Add the soup mixture, corn and remaining ingredients to the saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring constantly, just until the cheese melts. Serve immediately.