Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
Mom's notes: good, use less chips
- 1 2⁄3 cups graham crackers, finely crushed
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts, pecans or 1 cup walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375. Grease 13x9 inch pan.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, flour, and baking soda. Set aside.
- Combine melted butter and brown sugar, stir in eggs, water, and vanilla.
- Gradually add flour, mix well.
- Stir in 1 cup chocolate chips and nuts.
- Spread evenly in pan.
- Bake at 375 for 16-18 minutes or until very lightly browned; remove from oven.
- Immediately sprinkle remaining 1 cup chocolate chips over warm surface.
- Let stand until chips soften; spread evenly.
- Cool completely, cut into bars.