Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
Mom's quick and easy way to treat her kids. It always satisfied my sweet tooth at least!
- 2 cups flour, sifted before measuring
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Into a mixing bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- Cut butter into the dry ingredients with a fork or pastry blender.
- In a separate bowl combine egg with milk; add to flour mixture.
- Stir until mixture is well blended and smooth.
- Spoon into a greased and floured 9-inch layer pan.
- Spread dough evenly.
- Brush top of dough with melted butter.
- Combine sugar, flour, and cinnamon; sift over the top of the cake, spreading with a fork to cover dough evenly.
- Bake at 400° for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cut coffee cake in wedges; serve warm from the pan.
this is exacly what I was looking for easy and delicious, thank you