Gaelige Coinnaigh's Note:
Mom's quick and easy way to treat her kids. It always satisfied my sweet tooth at least!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups flour, sifted before measuring
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1Into a mixing bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- 2Cut butter into the dry ingredients with a fork or pastry blender.
- 3In a separate bowl combine egg with milk; add to flour mixture.
- 4Stir until mixture is well blended and smooth.
- 5Spoon into a greased and floured 9-inch layer pan.
- 6Spread dough evenly.
- 7Brush top of dough with melted butter.
- 8Combine sugar, flour, and cinnamon; sift over the top of the cake, spreading with a fork to cover dough evenly.
- 9Bake at 400° for 25 to 30 minutes.
- 10Cut coffee cake in wedges; serve warm from the pan.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick and Easy Coffee Cake
Serving Size: 1 (699 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2441.7
- Calories from Fat 885
- Total Fat 98.3 g
- Saturated Fat 59.4 g
- Cholesterol 457.5 mg
- Sodium 2637.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 355.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 151.0 g
- Protein 37.8 g