Recipe by Maeven6
This is a fast bread recipe. It is a fried bread and goes great with most any meal. The kids love help with this one. It is one of the families favorites. I Serve these with Indian or African dishes, potatoes, veggies, or any dish you like, They also work as a good midday snack with chutney or jam.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon coriander
- 2 teaspoons salt
- cold water
- coconut oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all the dry ingredients in your food processor.
- Pulse a few times to blend.
- Then add just enough cold water, I use iced water and slowly drain into the processor until it forms a soft dough ball.
- If you add too much water as I sometimes do, just add a bit of flour until you get the dough to ball.
- Remove the dough from the processor and knead a couple of times on a lightly floured board. Just to combine and form a ball.
- Taking small pieces roll into a ball and form small 2-3 inch diameter and 1/8 inch thick pieces of bread dough.
- Heat a wok on high and put enough oil in the bottom to measure 1/2-1 inch deep.
- Fry the dough in the oil until it puffs slightly, not all will but most should form a puff in the center.
- Then place standing up on end in a bowl lined with paper towels. You can serve warm or cool.