This is a fast bread recipe. It is a fried bread and goes great with most any meal. The kids love help with this one. It is one of the families favorites. I Serve these with Indian or African dishes, potatoes, veggies, or any dish you like, They also work as a good midday snack with chutney or jam.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place all the dry ingredients in your food processor.
- 2Pulse a few times to blend.
- 3Then add just enough cold water, I use iced water and slowly drain into the processor until it forms a soft dough ball.
- 4If you add too much water as I sometimes do, just add a bit of flour until you get the dough to ball.
- 5Remove the dough from the processor and knead a couple of times on a lightly floured board. Just to combine and form a ball.
- 6Taking small pieces roll into a ball and form small 2-3 inch diameter and 1/8 inch thick pieces of bread dough.
- 7Heat a wok on high and put enough oil in the bottom to measure 1/2-1 inch deep.
- 8Fry the dough in the oil until it puffs slightly, not all will but most should form a puff in the center.
- 9Then place standing up on end in a bowl lined with paper towels. You can serve warm or cool.
Browse Our Top < 15 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 15 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick and Easy Coconut Bread
Serving Size: 1 (90 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 7
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 513.4
- Calories from Fat 379
- Total Fat 42.1 g
- Saturated Fat 37.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 689.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.6 g
- Sugars 11.9 g
- Protein 6.8 g