Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I made these today in 'Home Ec' class. These are super YUMMY and quick to make because they have no yeast, so you don't have to wait hours for them to rise. My friend is vegan so our group used powdered milk instead of actual milk. You do not need to use a mixer at all ^_^ Sorry for the form of measurement, the recipe was written in mL's instead of cups-tsp-tbsp.
- 500 ml flour
- 20 ml baking powder
- 30 ml sugar
- 5 ml salt
- 50 ml margarine
- 200 ml milk
- brown sugar
- raisins (optional)
- Preheat oven to 250°C (425°F).
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, and baking powered in large bowl.
- Cut in margarine until mixture looks like oatmeal or small peas.
- Add milk gradually, stirring with a fork. Dough Should come away from sides of bowl.
- Knead 3-4 times and then roll into a rectangle (1cm thick) on lightly floured counter.
- Smear margarine over dough coating it not to thick but not to thin.
- Sprinkle desired amount of cinnamon on top.
- Sprinkle desired amount of brown sugar on top.
- Sprinkle desired amount of raisins.
- Roll up like a jelly roll, starting from the long edge.
- Slice into 1-inch slices and place cut side down in a grease muffin tin.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
I made these using a GF flour mix. I had to add an egg, but overall they were pretty good! Here are my measurement conversions: 2 c. flour 4 t. baking powder 1/8 c. sugar 4 T. butter 1 c. milk 1 1/2 T Xanthan Gum I also added a topping: 1 c. powdered sugar 1 T. milk 1/2 t. vanilla I'm still working this recipe out, but it is a great base to start with! Thanks!
apparently some people don't know how to convert so here's the recipe simplified...
2 cups flour
4 tsp baking powder
6 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
3 tbsp 1 tsp margarine
a little under a cup of milk
i used substituted vegan ingredients where needed. these were good to satisfy my morning craving quickly but they aren't very gooey and hearty. it's more of a cinnamon biscuit, but still delicious. :)
This was pretty good. Tasty, but texture wasn't quite as good as some other recipes I have tried. Also, the glaze didn't turn out at all. Not sure whether I did something wrong. I had to throw that out and make my own.