This is a very quick and super easy frosting recipe that tastes great. Great for busy moms. The ingredients are very easy to remember since it's an equal amount of everything. I haven't experimented with using butter or margarine instead of shortening. Would love to hear from anyone who tries that because I'm sure it would be healthier.
My Private Note
8 inch ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place all ingredients in a glass bowl, except for vanilla extract.
- 2Microwave on low heat stirring and checking every few seconds until it is evenly melted. (Original recipe said to do this in a saucepan over low heat, but I've always used the microwave and it's come out fine.).
- 3Remove from microwave once melted and stir again .
- 4When slightly cool, add vanilla extract and frost cake.
- 5(I once poured this frosting while it was slightly warm onto a warm cake because I was in a hurry and it turned into a beautiful chocolate glaze.) Super easy. I don't think I've found an easier recipe than this that tastes so good.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick and Easy Chocolate Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (18 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 145.7
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 4.7 mg
- Sodium 37.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 1.8 g