Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a very quick and super easy frosting recipe that tastes great. Great for busy moms. The ingredients are very easy to remember since it's an equal amount of everything. I haven't experimented with using butter or margarine instead of shortening. Would love to hear from anyone who tries that because I'm sure it would be healthier.
- Place all ingredients in a glass bowl, except for vanilla extract.
- Microwave on low heat stirring and checking every few seconds until it is evenly melted. (Original recipe said to do this in a saucepan over low heat, but I've always used the microwave and it's come out fine.).
- Remove from microwave once melted and stir again .
- When slightly cool, add vanilla extract and frost cake.
- (I once poured this frosting while it was slightly warm onto a warm cake because I was in a hurry and it turned into a beautiful chocolate glaze.) Super easy. I don't think I've found an easier recipe than this that tastes so good.