Prep 7 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Once again, this recipe looks like a useful one for a family vacation as it can be put together the night before and requires very little kitchen time for the cook. As a bonus, it is pretty low in calories and fat.
- 3 skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 skinless chicken thighs
- 3 skinless chicken drumsticks (or 2 more thighs)
- 3⁄4 cup catsup
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon instant onion flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- Place chicken in 13x9” baking dish. Combine remaining ingredients and pour over chicken. (At this point, the dish can be placed in the refrigerator overnight.) Bake, uncovered, at 350, 1 ½ hours or till done, turning after 45 minutes and basting occasionally.
It's a winner- and everyone ate it. I actually cooked it on top of the stove in my big frying pan. Served over rice. It was a little sweet for me, but that's probably why the kids gobbled it up. I didn't put it seasoning salt-- I'm never quite sure what that is. Anyway, it was just fine without it. 5-21-11-- I also use about 2 pounds boneless,skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size (1 inch) chunks. It cooks up and simmers while the rice cooks. Thanks again for a recipe my family really likes!
I made this for PAC Fall '08, and it was a great selection. It was very easy to put together, and it was so tasty. It appealed to everyone in my family, which is not always easy to do. I made it exactly as directed in the recipe instructions (didn't make a single adjustment). And it's definitely something I will made again. I returned to this recipe and realized I didn't give it any stars. I don't know how I missed that the first time! A recipe this good should be rated appropriately.
Just used chicken drumsticks and it turned out fine. Everyone at family dinner asked for the recipe. I cooked the chicken for 50 minutes.