Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
A short-cut recipe that my family liked.
Top Review by Bake Em N Take Em
Good. Not delicious, but easy...that's exactly what I wanted. What frustrated me was that the "sauce" gooped immediately. I couldn't simmer the sauce and wait for it to thicken...it was thick. Maybe less corn starch? Or lower heat.
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 lb chicken tenders, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Add the soy sauce, sherry, cornstarch, and sugar in a mixing bowl; add in 1/4 cup water and whisk until the cornstarch is dissolved.
- Add in chicken tenders; toss to coat and set bowl aside.
- Add oil to a skillet and let heat over medium heat.
- Add in green onion, ginger, and garlic; stir/saute for 2 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- Drain the marinade from chicken; reserve marinade.
- Add chicken to the skillet and cook for 1 minute on each side.
- Pour marinade over the chicken; lower heat to medium-low and stir for about 6-7 minutes or until chicken is cooked and the sauce is thickened.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.