This goes together easily and the dumplings really set off the chili. A good weeknight meal. Add spices to taste if you prefer a "hotter" dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon red pepper sauce
- 1Cook beef and onion in Dutch oven over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown; drain.
- 2Reserve 1/2 cup of the corn.
- 3Stir remaining corn with liquid, tomatoes, tomato sauce, chili powder and pepper sauce into beef mixture.
- 4Heat to boiling; Reduce heat.
- 5Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- 6Mix Bisquick mix and cornmeal.
- 7Stir in milk, cilantro and reserved 1/2 cup corn just until moistened.
- 8Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto simmering chili.
- 9Cook uncovered over low heat 10 minutes.
- 10Cover and cook 10 minutes longer or until dumplings are dry.
- 11High Altitude (3500-6500 ft) Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto simmering chili.
- 12Cook uncovered over low heat 15 minutes.
- 13Cover and cook 15 to 18 minutes longer.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick and Easy Chili With Corn Dumplings
Serving Size: 1 (401 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 490.7
- Calories from Fat 165
- Total Fat 18.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 78.0 mg
- Sodium 1102.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 11.2 g
- Protein 30.5 g