- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 11 1⁄2 ounces V8 vegetable juice (spicy Hot V-8, if available)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Crumble ground beef in microwave-safe casserole.
- Add onion; microwave, covered, on high for 15 minutes.
- Drain; break meat into pieces.
- Combine all ingredients in slow cooker.
- Cook on Low for 4 to 5 hours.
- Garnish with sour cream, chopped green onions, grated cheese, or sliced ripe olives, if your diet allows.