Recipe by Bec
Perfect for the winter months! Make it to your liking- If you want it to be mild, use chili beans with a mild or medium sauce, and omit the hot pepper. Or make it as hot as you want by using hot chili beans and adding additional peppers.
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 3 (16 ounce) cans chili beans, undrained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, for topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef with onion, green pepper, and jalapeno pepper; drain if needed.
- Add all remaining ingredients except for the cheese. Be sure to break up the tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer, stirring occasionally until heated through.
- Serve, and top with cheese if desired.