Perfect for the winter months! Make it to your liking- If you want it to be mild, use chili beans with a mild or medium sauce, and omit the hot pepper. Or make it as hot as you want by using hot chili beans and adding additional peppers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 3 (16 ounce) cans chili beans, undrained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 1/2 cups shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, for topping
- 1Brown ground beef with onion, green pepper, and jalapeno pepper; drain if needed.
- 2Add all remaining ingredients except for the cheese. Be sure to break up the tomatoes.
- 3Bring to a boil, then simmer, stirring occasionally until heated through.
- 4Serve, and top with cheese if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick and Easy Chili
Serving Size: 1 (403 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 560.5
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 46.8 mg
- Sodium 610.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 90.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.2 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 40.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat cheddar cheese