Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a very easy chili recipe that is quick to make and tastes great! I like to top it with some shredded cheddar cheese.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 15 1⁄2 ounces light red kidney beans, undrained
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 10 1⁄2 ounces Campbell's French onion soup
- 1⁄4 cup diced red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup diced green pepper
- 1⁄2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- In a large heavy pot, cook the ground beef over medium heat breaking up any lumps with a fork. Cook until the meat is evenly browned.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
I don't like leaving bad reviews but my family just did not like this. I followed this exactly as written but for us the french onion soup just really look over this chili. I even added another can of tomato sauce but that still didn't help. I wasn't sure what else to do. We all like french onion soup by itself but it just did not work in this chili for us. Sorry. I did make this for freezer tag. I made this and ate some and then froze some in an individual container. I pulled it in the morning and cooked it in the microwave. It tasted the same. So the recipe does freeze well.