Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Beatrice Ojakangas, The Best Casserole Book Ever
Top Review by alligirl
Really enjoyed this dip - great jumping off point for add-ins (cooked crumbled ground beef or chicken shreds) too! I think a little spice would be nice so next time, maybe some cumin or cayenne pepper. Easy peasy lemon squeezy! I did make a change, though - I layered every thing in my small crockpot and set it on high. I let it heat for 30 minutes, while I did other things and then gave it a good stir - VOILA! it was ready! Thanks for sharing, ratherbeswimmin'!
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (10 ounce) candiced tomatoes and green chilies (Rotel)
- 1⁄2 cup picante sauce or 1⁄2 cup salsa
- tortilla chips, for serving