Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A friend shared this with us at a party a year or two ago, and we really enjoyed it. The tomatoes don't get baked too much, remaining fresh, and it has a nice creamy yet crispy texture that is really satisfying.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) soup cans water
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- salsa, to thin soups so mixture pours easy
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup colby-monterey jack cheese
- 0.5 (11 ounce) bag tortilla chips
- Layer tortilla chips in large casserole dish.
- Top with half the chicken pieces.
- Combine first six ingredients and pour half of mixture over chicken and chips.
- Top with cheese. Repeat.
- Heat in microwave or oven until cheese is melted.
One of these days I might find a really suitable alternative to cream of mushroom soup, but in the meantime, I substituted cream of vegetable for the 'room kind! Also used 2 large chicken breasts (so had plenty of meat in it) & a mild salsa! Easy to make, comforting casserole ~ Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Healthy Choices ABC tag]