Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
One of my favorite dinners to throw together on a hectic night.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 6 ounces dry bread stuffing mix
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a non-stick skillet over medium heat, cook and stir the chicken and onion until the chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 2 quart casserole dish.
- In a medium bowl, blend the melted butter, 1 1/3 cup water, and dry stuffing mix.
- Place 1/2 the chicken and onion mixture in the prepared dish, and cover with the stuffing mixture. Cover with the remaining chicken mixture.
- In a small bowl, mix 1/4 c water and cream of celery soup, and pour into the dish.
- Top with Cheddar cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until bubbly and lightly browned.