The jalapeno cream cheese adds the special kick to this recipe...I've made it without and it's good, but definately use it if you can find it!! Sometimes I will double the recipe for a light dinner, or make as below for a snack or appetizer. NOTE: Sadly, I don't think they make jalapeno cream cheese anymore, so I usually just use regular cream cheese and chopped jalapenos...use as many or as little jalapenos you want for your desired heat level.
- In a small bowl, mix chicken, cheese and cream cheese.
- Evenly divide chicken mixture over each of 4 tortillas.
- Top with remaining 4 tortillas.
- Lightly spray each side of quesadilla with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place quesdillas on baking sheets.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 12 minutes or until golden brown, turning once halfway through heating.
- Cut into wedges.
I tried these last night, with the only change being that I could not find the flavored cream cheese so I added diced jalepeno to regular cream cheese. These were very good with little effort and would recommend them as a great snack for kids as well as adults. Thanks! :)
So not impressed. No one like it and I won't be making again. Thanks anyways.
Yummy! Quick, simple, and tasty. I too could not find the jalapeno cream cheese, so as others did, chopped some up to add to the mixture. DGS and I enjoyed these while watching football on Sunday. Congrats again Troop Angel for your win for week 6. Made for Football Pool.