Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
This salad has simple seasonings which we think are very tasty. Great use for left-over chicken.
Top Review by Jandela
Very nice refreshing salad! Used two leftover grilled chicken breasts. I'm eating the leftovers now for lunch. Only added some red and yellow bell peppers. Got the "ultimate" compliment ... last night husband said, "hey, this is good!" ... not something that I often receive from pasta salads. :)
- 1 head broccoli, chopped and steamed until crisp tender
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 lb pasta shells, cooked and drained
- 2 large tomatoes, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped red onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup Italian dressing (more if needed)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place well drained broccoli in a large mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle with salt to season.
- Add chicken, pasta, tomatoes, onion, garlic, salt and pepper to taste; stir to combine.
- Pour dressing over the salad; stir gently to mix.
- Cover and chill 1 hour before serving.
- I serve the salad on a bed of lettuce.