An absolutely tasty and versatile dish. I have prepared this for two of us and for 100 men on a men's retreat and with the same consistency of flavor.
- Wash and pat the chicken breasts dry and then coat them with the breadcrumbs (I push hard on them while coating them to break the tissue down and make them even more tender).
- After the chicken breasts are breaded, fry them either in a teflon skillet or with a little olive oil (if you use olive oil, you must count it as part of the fat in the nutritional breakdown).
- Fry the breasts until they are completely cooked.
- Pour 1/2 of the spaghetti sauce into a 9"x5" casserole dish.
- Place the cooked chicken breasts on top of the sauce.
- Pour the remaining spaghetti sauce on top of the chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle both cheeses on top Put the dish into a 400 degree oven for 30 minutes, or long enough to warm all the sauce and breasts throughly and melt the cheese.
- Serve over spaghetti (or rice!).
Good & easy. I cut the chicken into smaller pieces because I made this in the same dish as Eggplant (Aubergine) Parmesan and wanted people to be able to have a little bit of both.
This was awesome, I am a very new cook and this was my first chicken parmesan. It was easy and my hubby loved it (he's picky) I used only 2 large chicken breasts and pounded them. I served it over angel hair pasta and it was great! Thank you so much for sharing!