Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
When you don't have time (or don't feel well enough) to make your soup totally from scratch, this is a very easy, very good substitute. I know that traditional Chicken Noodle soup does not have Garlic or Italian spices in it but since I am Italian I think that garlic should be added into practically everything and especially soup for its medicinal values. This will cure what ails you!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 lb chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1 1⁄2 cups egg noodles
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter. Cook onion, celery, and garlic in butter until just tender, 5 minutes.
- Pour in chicken and vegetable broths and stir in chicken, noodles, carrots, basil, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes before serving.
This recipe is wonderful! I'll disclose my mods: frozen egg noodles in place of dry and an extra can of chicken broth in place of vegetable broth. So good and so simple! I've made this twice now and both times it got rave reviews from my fiance. Purely by accident, I made a more 'chicken and noodles' dish than a 'chicken noodle soup' dish because I accidentally left out a can of broth the first time around. It was still amazing, just a different consistency. This will be my go-to soup, for sure.
I loooove one pot meals, and this one is great. I used pre-shredded chicken from Costco which made it super simple. Awesome flavor for such short cooking time. I will definitely make again.
This is an easy, tasty recipe that fills the bill for Chicken Noodle Soup. It smells devine while cooking which just adds to the winning combination of flavors. Thanks, Little Bee.