A very easy pate that's big on taste as opposed to those that boil the livers. Great on crackers and especially in Beef Wellington!
- Melt butter in heavy sillet over medium heat.
- Add cleaned chicken livers and saute until tender, about 6-8 minutes. Cut ino quarters and cool.
- Save pan drippings.
- In a blender or food processor, combine liver pieces with the reserved pan drippings, onion, salt and pepper.
- Blend well for about 20 seconds.
- Optional: Blend in the hard boiled egg for a richer pate.