- 1 lb chicken liver
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 hard-boiled egg (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in heavy sillet over medium heat.
- Add cleaned chicken livers and saute until tender, about 6-8 minutes. Cut ino quarters and cool.
- Save pan drippings.
- In a blender or food processor, combine liver pieces with the reserved pan drippings, onion, salt and pepper.
- Blend well for about 20 seconds.
- Optional: Blend in the hard boiled egg for a richer pate.