I used to make this constantly when I first learned to cook. It's a great little dish that takes no time or effort to prepare. I used to serve it with boiled rice or new potatoes and vegetables.
- Slice the chicken into thin strips and toss in the seasoned cornflour.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the chicken pieces until golden brown.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until tender,about 2 minutes.
- Remove the chicken and mushrooms and keep warm.
- Pour the wine into the pan, bring it to the boil, and then add the cream. Cook for 1-2 minutes, until the sauce is thick and creamy. Season to taste.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken, sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve.