Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
My friend Charlotte (thanks C!!) gave this to me...it is SO easy and just delicious! She likes corn tortillas, I like flour, and it tastes great with both...whatever your preference!
- 3 -4 chicken breasts
- 15 white corn tortillas (fajita size) or 15 flour tortillas (fajita size)
- 3 (10 ounce) cans green enchilada sauce (I use Old El Paso)
- 3 -4 cups grated monterey jack pepper cheese (or for less spice, use 1 cup pepper jack and 2 cups of cheddar, or a fiesta blend mexican cheese mix)
- Boil chicken until it falls apart, then shred.
- Mix 1/2 can of sauce and a little cheese with chicken.
- Put other 1/2 can on bottom of 11x9 baking dish.
- Microwave tortillas until soft.
- Roll chicken mixture into tortillas.
- Put in pan semi-tightly.
- Cover with remaining 2 cans sauce.
- Cover top with remaining cheese and bake at 350 until cheese is fully melted (usually about 20-25 min).
- Brown top slightly or to preference.
WONDERFUL! I followed the recipe exactly and these were so good! My 9-year-old son was going on and on about it and he never does that! It was a hit with the whole family. Can't wait to make this again--thanks for such a great recipe! :o)
So good! I only had one can of sauce so I added some corn and diced tomatoes to the innards and it turned out awesome! I will be making this again.
We enjoyed this recipe! We used olives, fresh garlic, flour tortillas, and green enchilada sauce. This recipe has a lot of ingredients but the prep is easy and quick.