Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I know there are a lot of chicken Divan recipes out there, but I thought I should post this for new cooks due to the fact that it is incredibly easy. This makes a very nice cheese sauce and it's good for you. Enjoy.
- Cut chicken into 1 inch strips about 1/2 inch thick. Spray a non-stick skillet with non-stick cooking spray. Cook chicken until just done.
- Cook the asparagus or broccoli spears in a small amount of boiling water in a medium sauce pan; drain.
- Arrange asparagus or broccoli spears in a 1 1/2 quart shallow baking dish, 10x6x2.
- Top with cooked chicken.
- Blend soup, cayenne pepper if desired, and milk in a saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat 10 minutes. Stir in the cheese.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Pour soup mixture over chicken.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until hot.
- Serve over cooked rice if desired.